@ BISHOPS NYMPTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all pupils. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice. The procedures contained in our safeguarding policy apply to all staff and governors and are consistent with those of the Devon safeguarding children board (DSCB).
Some of our Key Principles:
- The welfare of the child is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection
- Safer children make more successful learners
- The school’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children is of vital importance
- All staff have an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm
- Pupils and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support
- Our policies will be reviewed at least annually unless an incident or new legislation or guidance suggests the need for an interim review.
- Representatives of the whole-school community of pupils, parents, staff and governors will be involved in policy development and review
- Click here to read more
- Click here for our policies